Dominican Republic Q&A Videos Posted

We have posted the first batch of Q&A videos up on youtube.  We are working our way down a LONG list of great questions and I suspect you will find many of the answers interesting.  There will be many more Q&A videos to follow too.

The topics posted so far include:

General Q&A About Cabrera DR

What about zoning laws… Can I build several houses on my property

What about hurricanes?

What about employment opportunities?

What about real estate?

What advantage does DRescapes offer me?

Can I move my pets to the DR?

Tell me more about expatriation to Cabrera

Do I need to speak Spanish?

What about water sports on the north coast?

What about lakes and rivers?

What about house construction techniques?

How will dollar collapse impact Cabrera life?

Are Drugs, Prostitution and Crime a problem in Cabrera?

Cajun October 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Barry, can you explain how most (adv.) expats do banking? What banks do the people of Cabrera use? Are ATM’s close by? Thanks for the videos, they have been very helpful!

Donnie matthews August 12, 2013 at 12:32 am

How do I access tour schedule
Thanks
Donnie

Barry August 12, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Hi Donnie, Just go to the main page and look for the yellow hot button that says pack your bags. We need to add on some more dates and will be doing so this week. If there is certain date just email me back and I’ll follow up.
Thanks
Barry in DR

Alisha January 27, 2014 at 6:25 am

Hi,

How hard would it be for a modest single parent to adjust to DR?
How does ones credit or current debt obligations affect the status of ones request to permanent residency?
Do you recommend taking my current car to DR or selling it in the States? Are there other forms of transportation?
How many international high schools are located in DR?
What are the top trend careers for in DR and Universities?
Are there school loans, scholarships, grants?

Alisha Jackson

Barry January 29, 2014 at 12:07 am

Alisha I had just sent you my personal email. Respond it you wish.

Robert Sommer January 6, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Great videos. Just listened to your interview on The Borderless Network and followed a link to your site. My wife and I are seriously looking at expating within the next year(we’re in Edmonton). I watched your introductory video on the Home page but there was only a blank spot to the left of the Signup Here button and this was the only other place I could find on the site to communicate with you, other than signing up for a tour. Can I sign up from here or can you provide us with a link for signing up? Sorry to go round to the back door to communicate:-).

Barry January 6, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Hello Robert, Always nic to meet another person from Edmonton. Funny thing it was a little dive shop on the South Side of Edmonton where things initially too off. If memory serves me right it was on White Ave. but thatwas so long ago and a lot of miles have passed since then. I would really encourage you to go back into the archived articles and watch sveral of our YouTubes. From there I can connect you to several folks who you could gather information from. Our deal is if we help you the you help others. Sign up by going back to the site and on the top tool bar click on join or contact us. Hope this helps and thanks for reaching out.
Best Adventures
Barry in DR

Robert Sommer January 6, 2015 at 10:55 pm

Thanks for replying so quickly Barry. Went back and checked the join and contact us both and found only some welcoming text but no entry forms, just the video at the top of all these pages. Under the video, as it plays, there is a red arrow pointing to the left to what probably should be some sort of form to subscribe or join but in my case is just a blank,white space. If I am the first person to report this problem to you, don’t sweat it. I swear I was put on this earth to act as a training aid for anyone trying to serve people on the net :-). I’m at a loss as how to progress from here. At least the videos work and I expect that we would be able to sign up for a tour when the time comes.

Barry January 7, 2015 at 3:36 am

No problem just email me at barry@drescapes.com soon as I have a moment I will reach out.

livingindominicanrepublic May 4, 2015 at 4:32 pm

nice vids on Dominican Republic…