President Visits Cabrera. Pleased to Hear What DR Escapes is All About!!!

Shortly After the Assistant Mayor of Cabrera Informed President Danilo About DR Escapes He wanted to Say Hello and Shake Hands.

I received a call on Tuesday from Nelson the assistant Mayor of Cabrera. A Big THANK YOU To Assistant Mayor Nelson. While we are friends I was surprised at what he had to say. He informed me the President of the DR (Danilo) was due to arrive on Thursday October 30th. He invited me to the assembly which I thought was really a nice thing to do but what came next was totally unexpected. Earlier Nelson had mentioned if I want to get a decent view to arrive about two hours early. I did and even had time for a couple of beers while waiting which is always a good thing.

Barry in DR with the Mayor of Cabrera

Barry in DR with the Mayor of Cabrera

So here I am sitting by the ocean in a quaint little place called Mir a Mar which in English means see the sea. Some of you who have been here would know the place as the food is excellent and there is always a refreshing breeze so you’re always comfortable. Minding my own business while sipping on a cold one about one hour before the Presidents arrival three guys dressed in suits come to greet me. All three were bearing microphones in their ears. The kind you see in all news videos or movies with the coiled cord routed neatly behind their neck and almost seem less continues flowing underneath their shirt and ending up who knows where.

The Mayor Informing President Danilo who the Gringo is and what DR Escapes doing in the town of Cabrera.

The Mayor Informing President Danilo who the Gringo is and what DR Escapes is doing for the town of Cabrera.

As they got closer one of them asked do you speak Spanish… I said I did but then he automatically switched to near perfect English as he could hear the accent was not native Spanish. The leader of the team then asked if I would follow along and go with them. Instinctively first thing that came to mind was asking them if I could take my beer with me. He Smirked… Being from the DR they of course saw nothing wrong with that. So we all Departed together… Them, Me and a cold Presidente Beer. GOD I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Not long after I see Nelson the Assistant Mayor waiting to greet me. The barriers were slid out of my way and here I am right behind the stage where President Danilo will be in just a few minutes. Now all of you who know me are aware of the fact that politics and big gatherings are not my thing but I have to admit this was a first and kind of cool being able to shake hands with a President who I actually admire. Facts speak volumes and what he has done for the DR is nothing short of brilliance.

Click onto the link Medina cuts ribbons on 34 public works at northern towns from today’s Dominican Today electronic news feed.

Mayor and Assistant Mayor of Cabrera Together with Family and Diplomats

Mayor and Assistant Mayor of Cabrera Together with Family and Diplomats

I was mingling a bit with some of the other folks behind stage while at the same time snapping off a few pictures of the ever expanding crowd. By now the whole area was wall to wall people. Banners for the purple party (different political parties in the DR are represented by colors. The DR is a totally democratic political system) signs held up high the people carrying cards and letters were too numerous to mention. Within a few minutes the helicopters start to approach the area. There were a total of three one was a Medi. Vac. The second was more of his security and the third was military.

Fully Armed Military Back up Present During Event.

Fully Armed Military Back up Present During Event.

One at a time they started to land in a small field next to the platform where in a few minutes the President will be receiving some plaques of appreciation followed by a brief speech. About ten more minutes had passed when an entourage of black new Toyota Land Cruisers approached the area. Out of nowhere several more security people engrossed and surrounded the immediate area.

President Danilo and His Staff of Advisers. Receiving an Award Followed by a Blessing From One of the Church Leaders.

That’s when I actually realized the huge favor the Mayor and Assistant Mayor had done. Both know that DR Escapes has been relocating and bringing quality folks into the region and that’s exactly what they want. In fact after it was all over when I was thanking them and expressing how special this was is when Nelson mentioned how special it is what we are doing for the area and in particular the town of Cabrera. He knows we are reaching a market that would be very difficult for the town of Cabrera to reach out to on its own… and both the Mayor and Assistant Mayor are pleased about it.

An Excellent Speech and Right to the Point. I Respect That in Anybody

An Excellent Speech and Right to the Point. I Respect That in Anybody

President Danilo arrived and commenced with his short but to the point message. For me a key point during his speech was mentioning the other improvements coming to our area. Several more new roads have been slated to be paved. These should be key areas for the DR Escapes people to have on their radar list. After six meetings with the Mayor the President made it public that we are receiving those long awaited speed bumps all throughout the Main road of Cabrera. Felicita, Monica along with the directors and staff  from one of Cabrera’s private schools worked hard to petition for this. Other roads including the one running up to my family’s project will soon be paved so that’s a huge plus for us and the good folks from DR Escapes. The President went public announcing all these projects have already been funded and approved so this is a go folks!

Exiting the Stage Surrounded By Body Guards the President Meets Briefly With Some People. Can't Believe I was One. THANK YOU NELSON!!

Exiting the Stage Surrounded By Body Guards the President Meets Briefly With Some People. Can’t Believe I was One. THANK YOU NELSON!!

After the speech was over and cheering subsided the President made his way exiting the stage. Surrounded by body guards he stopped to address several of the town’s people and meet a few while shaking hands with the many. I was one of them when the Mayor stepped in and introduced who the “Gringo” was and what we are doing for Cabrera. President Danilo had a very warm and sincere appreciation of what we are all about… you could see it in his eyes.

President Danilo Leaving under Full Security.

President Danilo Leaving under Full Security.

I hope you all appreciate being kept in the loop and enjoy the photos. It’s the closest I’ve ever been to the President of a country and honestly one of the few I’d ever be grateful to actually meet in person. Danilo is a great President and even a greater person. Enjoy the pics as I’m still recovering from the bruises received while positioning myself to get them. Till next time this is Barry in DR.

The Stage is Set The Day Before Arrival.

The Stage is Set The Day Before Arrival.

First of three Choppers to Arrive

First of three Choppers to Arrive

Fully Armed Military Back up Present During Event.

Fully Armed Military Back up Present During Event.

Medi Vac Present During President Danilo's Visit.

Medi Vac Present During President Danilo’s Visit.

The Streets Were Packed With The People of Cabrera

The Streets Were Packed With The People of Cabrera

A Sea of Purple

A Sea of Purple

As I Always Say The View Changes Depending on What Angle You're Viewing the Subject From. I'M IN BABY!!!

As I Always Say The View Changes Depending on What Angle You’re Viewing the Subject From. I’M IN BABY!!!

I Mean It Was A GREAT TURNOUT. JAMMED

I Mean It Was A GREAT TURNOUT. JAMMED

President Danilo Leaving Instructions To assist This Mans Family After His Departure.

Mayor and Assistant Mayor Talking on Some Security Measures They Were Not Pleased With.

A President Who Really Does Care About The Average Person. Danilo Earned it Not Born In to It.

Next To The President. Receiving questions from the people.

Next To The President. Receiving questions from the people.

kathy stahl October 31, 2013 at 11:23 pm

barry,
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT AN ARTICLE ! AND TO BE A PART OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHAPETER 1 WROTE!
1ST PIECE OF FURNITURE SOLD TODAY! YA HOO MOUNTAIN DEW!!!
MOMS PASSPORT AND BIRTH CERTIFICATE /EN ROUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO I AM FLABBERGASTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5 MONTHS AND WE WILL BE HAVING THOSE BEERS TOGETHER!
EL PRESIDENTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTS OF LOVE, TO YOU AND THE MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KATHY ALIAS CATHENATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry November 1, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Hope a get a complementary signed copy. Hows chapter two coming. Regards to Paul

johnsteven November 1, 2013 at 1:27 am

Great articule Barry, would love to have been there to see the president myself.
Although i am not a follower of politics i have to say that in all my years of living here i have not seen any president do as much work as Danilo in just over a year.
Even those from the opposing party PRD have to admit he is doing a lot, i know this because the town of Cabrera has been for many years a PRD fronthold.
For the locals and the expats plus those who are wishing to invest in this area, this is great news.Johnsteven

Barry November 1, 2013 at 12:44 pm

It was kind of cool since he is a real person who honestly works for the people as well as himself. At least it’s a two way street. I guess I was the token Gringo for PR purposes????

Dave November 1, 2013 at 11:37 am

Wow! Didn’t know Danilo was coming to Cabrera. I hope you made an impression on him Barry. It almost sounds too good to be true when a politician keeps his promises. It’s nice to hear all the positive things that are happening there…especially after all the depressing news coming out of the “developed” world.

Can’t wait to join you all there and experience all this with you. Seems like it can’t happen soon enough.

Barry November 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Soon enough it will. One step at a time. Regards to all

Tracy Woodard November 1, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Barry,

This is a magnificent post. I am so glad my family found your site months ago and moved our family to the DR. We are loving it here in Cabrera. Congrats on developing such a rapport with the leadership of Cabrerra that they would get you a private audience with the President. I remember when we first visited Cabrerra and you took us to Mir a Mar (my favorite restaurant in the region)…. It was absolutely beautiful but the street in front of it was all dirt. Now, just a few months later, to see the beautifully paved roads and how the community regularly has events there is amazing to behold. Congratulations again, Barry!

Barry November 1, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Appreciate the Kuddo’s but it people like you and your family that make the difference by getting the word out to others. I think we all have a pretty solid family to weather the future storms, Don’t you?
Thanks

Lary November 1, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Here in the US, we could only pray to have politicians that actually cared about keeping promises and taking care of the people. It is good to see it at least happening in the DR. I have seen first hand all the COMPLETED projects that this great president has implemented in the Cabrera area. Not idle promises, but REAL accomplishments and completed projects. The next batch of projects that have been approved are even more exciting. It is good to see DRescapes be recognized and appreciated by the locals as well as the expats. Good job.

Barry November 1, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Thanks Appreciate it but again it’s good folks who are trying to reach out to others and sharing informative information that are getting it done. If we do not learn FAST to forget about our trivial differences and realize we are all one it will not end well. Because if we don’t they’ve already won… Over past decades they’ve executed the divide and conquer format of breaking us up into smaller more manageable groups that are much easier to control. Remaining in the abyss and forming the illusion that all they want to do is help and protect the masses. All along allowing the citizens to fight amongst themselves… Just stay in the shadows. Well I say trust NO SHADOW after dark!
Most are so confused they haven’t got a clue of what reality is anymore and no doubt many will pay the price for allowing themselves to be so complacent. The carnage will approach biblical scale perhaps higher and every last casualty is by design. It’s so true that people will willingly die for there beliefs and yet the very word belief means doubt. Surety means certainty NOT BELIEF.
We’ve seen so many spaced out on pharmaceutical mind altering drugs, Kids glued to their electronic devices entire lives in an illusion of reality and the worst part is they’re clueless about what’s already been done to their lives. ten or more pills before dinner seems normal to them. When along we shake our heads in disbelief.
If I ever wrote a book on how to demoralize a nation the US would be my most valued source of factual information. It would head up the chapter “Don’t Let This Happen To You” and I would then place it as either Chapter 11 or 13. Both are not where you want your family to be included. This last year with over 100 good folks we’ve met really opened our eyes just how deep down the rabbit hole this whole plan already is.

kathy stahl November 4, 2013 at 10:18 pm

barry & liane,

chapter 2 rollin rollin rollin. just like rawhide, remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it is so interesting and humbling to find so many people that actually are encouraging me forward and onward regarding this book. everyone has a story, we all do, and we all have something to share and to tell. I find the words cant come out fast enough to get on the paper. i sent on line information for a publisher today, need to start looking.
when i read my own words, i find it quite humbling and fascinating myself.
i ordered and received the book dr. franck wanted me to read, and have started doing series 1 exercises. if you saw me you and liane would be hysterical with laughter. however, i have been doing them now for 5 days, an it is quite wonderful each day to see a small improvement with my body. The most difficult thing for me is patience, and being gentle with my temple. Im learning, baby steps!!!!!!!!!!!! I am encouraged
and it is cool to sleep at night thru the night with no PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope if nothing else that this will give others the HOPE and INSPIRATION that there is a CURE, not a BANDAGE . I am TRULY realizing that now and slowly beginning to
feel a difference. ALL IN DUE TIME…..
Will give my best to Paul , as I always do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Received moms birth certificates, onward for the PASSPORT…… rollin, rollin rollin.

LOTS OF LOVE , AND KEEP YOUR VOICE BEING HEARD, PEOPLE ARE LISTENING….. FOR THE TRUTH IS BEING TOLD, FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS, AND LOVE,
KATHY STAHL

P.S. Guess we will have to come up with a pen name for me. I was thinking
KATHY CATHENATOR..LOL.LOO.

Kevin S. November 6, 2013 at 2:48 am

It’s nice to see the “acceptance” of the gringos by the locals. Having witnessed this first-hand in past visits, I feel that it is without question sincere.

This visit to Cabrera by Danilo, plus the special invitation extended to Barry as a representative of the DR Escapes family, is yet another edification for many of us seeking a real alternative.

Very exciting indeed.

Kevin S.

Julian November 6, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Una visita muy esperada por todos, la verdad es que el Presidente Medina, se ha comportado muy bien con la comunidad de Cabrera, cumpliendo con todas las promesas echas en su campaña electoral, tantas buenas obras en beneficio de todos los residentes tantos nativos y extranjeros, es una muestra mas de que nuestro pueblo tiene mucho que ofrecer en todos los aspectos.

Barry November 7, 2013 at 3:42 pm

En su mayor parte esto es cierto. Las numerosas mejoras introducidas durante su Presidencia un año han sido notables. Cabrera está disfrutando de un crecimiento constante, pero sostenible. Espero que se sigue de esta manera.

Denise November 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Great write up on the President. It is incredible to think he was elected a little over a year ago and he has made so many positive changes to Cabrera. Really amazing to see one politician who really tries to adhere to what he promises, especially not even an election year!