Big Government Militarism of The Police Force

What's your view. Are you seeing the left or the right half of the picture?

What’s your view. Are you seeing the left or the right half of the picture?

Is big Government changing the roll of the nation’s police forces? Are you noticing that police are starting to resemble the military more than a force that was originally designed “to protect and serve” as their motto states? I have to rely on you folks to help me out with this one. I just don’t know and here’s the reason for me saying this.

Since I’ve lived out of the western nations for so long I can’t honestly say. All I would be doing is forming an inaccurate opinion caused by a total lack of experience. For me there’s already way too much of that expert with no experience stuff already exhibited throughout the net.  So when I don’t know I just say I don’t know and pass it over to others with more experience about the particular subject in question. This BUD’s for you, I’m asking all of you folks what are you seeing? Please take a minute and share with the rest of us what’s you take of it? I always share mine but only when I have sound experience on the subject. This time I have NO experience on the subject other than what I’ve seen on the net… and I never rely solely on that as mentioned above “Many Experts few with Experience”. So what say you…? I need your input on this one.

Is this what Lady Liberty resembles currently where you reside? AGAIN I DON'T KNOW. I'm not residing there.

Is this what Lady Liberty resembles currently where you reside? AGAIN I DON’T KNOW. I’m not residing there.

I have my sources of information and have surprised many with their accuracy. Most of this information has been mentioned months before appearing on any web site. Several of my readers have made mention of this but with this one subject I’m asking for your assistance. All I ask in return is you adhere to the following statement that a very wise friend of mine once shared with me. “first I want you to tell me what you know (100% no chance of being mistaken) second I want you to tell me what you don’t know (100% no chance of being mistaken) Last tell me what you think you know”.

I would appreciate if you folks would take a moment or two and comment on what you know is true. I’m seeing much on the net in regards to police being sent away for special training… training that’s more in line with being in the military than of the police force. Training that’s  covering a wide range of areas from Riot control to border patrol and everything in between. I’ve even read they’re receiving training on the prevention of mass exodus of the nation. Equipment that’s being supplied to small town police forces that would be best suited on the front line of a major full-fledged war between nations. In other words OVER KILL deluxe excuse the choice of words.

Has anybody seen any of these around police stations, schools or colleges. WHY would they need them? Remember always ask the WHY questions.

Homeland Security stockpiling enough ammunition to actually shoot every citizen several times and with a type of ammunition that’s actually not even allowed to be used in combat but somehow seems fine for U.S. citizens. Six wheeled explosive resistant armored vehicles around police stations and colleges in almost every city. Is anyone seeing anything like this where you’re currently residing? I would really like to know and I’m sure our readers would also like to know.

On the other hand I’ve always referred to Cabrera as a Mayberry with Internet. Over here the cops just seem to leave you alone. I know most of them and you can too if you decide that this is the correct choice for you and your family. They pretty much keep to themselves. If you’re not causing problems for the most part they won’t even know you exist.

Is this how you see your right to free speech ending up. Many have mentioned that they're already scared to express their feelings. THIS IS AMERICA FOLKS. SEE IT AND WEEP

Is this how you see your right to free speech ending up. Many have mentioned that they’re already scared to express their feelings. THIS IS AMERICA FOLKS. SEE IT AND WEEP

In fact last year they went on strike for a day because our voluntary fire department receives a party once a year and they don’t. Yep once a year we close off a small section of the road next to the park and out comes the plastic tables and chairs. The music follows and there’s a party in the streets that consists of a lot of fruit juice, rum and music for listing and dancing.

The police were jealous and went on strike because they felt they deserved the same party. So you guessed it we close off the street and repeat the same party once a year. Yes the police station closes and you can party with the police if you want to. Full bore drinking, dancing the whole enchilada. It goes on for several hours and I have to admit it is a pretty good time. But as always that’s just one side of things. I know this sounds kind of hard to believe but never the less it’s for real.

However here’s the other side of the coin. The police don’t really do much either. Crime is not a huge problem in Cabrera but it does exist. Although the police are great guys their not the most efficient when it comes to doing much. If there’s an issue between neighbors they’ll take the “you’re not adults? You can’t figure this out by yourselves” kind of position about it. So it’s more we figure out things for ourselves without needing big brother deciding what we can and Can’t do.

For some that’s a blessing to hear and for others… well it might sound good but experience has taught me they won’t be able to handle it. Everyone screams for freedom but several have long ago lost the ability of actually thinking for themselves even though they themselves seem to be the last to actually realize it. So sad but so true.

This is why I’ve always maintained these two understandings. First no one place is for everyone and second… you want to surround yourself with locals as well as with expats. It’s kind of like the old rum and fruit juice scenario… if you don’t mix it up real well, it’s never gonna taste right… and on that note I think I’ll cut this off after the next paragraph and have one or two myself.

Learn and enjoy from one of the most brilliant spot on people that ever blessed this planet with a little truth. That’s right if you thought Carlin was just a comedian guess what the jokes on you. In my thought he’s right up there with Ron Paul and perhaps has even done more to wake up the sleeping. Check out his later work just before his death in 2008 and I assure you that YOU WILL BE FLOORED! Until next time this is Barry in DR.

George Carlin – I Gave Up On My Species:

George Carlin: The Illusion Of Choice:

Bob November 14, 2013 at 8:48 am

I was at London Gatwick earlier this week. My flight had been delayed and while we were waiting for customer services to book us all into the hotel (at about midnight)…these police guys (about 10 of them I would guess) started walking through the airport. They had bulletproof vests on and some serious looking guns (I don’t know anything about guns so don’t know the names or models).

Oh and the next morning while having breakfast it all happened again and I saw them walking around again but this time with a sniffer dog.

How sad. The West is done.

Barry November 14, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Thanks Bob for sharing. You are obviously a sharp minded individual as I copy and paste from your comment.
“Why would the police need to walk through an almost empty airport at midnight dressed like this???”
You ask the WHY questions. As I know you’re already aware of the real answer is THEY DON’T. It’s a form of conditioning that’s commonly used to get the masses used to something set to be released at a predetermined time in the future.

mike November 14, 2013 at 11:59 am

Well, tough one.
One thing is for sure training of LEO in the USA has changed radically.
Who directed this new training ? Could guess it comes from a Fed level , (think grants and payoffs).
I think its a mute point because the trajectory of this is eventually moving toward become a crushing force.
How far can it go? , anyones guess.

mike November 14, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Barry, Most people in the USA are living in the past as far as my experience goes.
Aunts and Uncles still living off the WWII mojo, THE HOUSE THEY PAID 30k$ FOR IS NOW 400k$ , ( WHY COMPLAIN) , sisters and brothers are yuppies drinking the suburb coolaid. There kids believe that just go to college and get a job like mom and dad did and grandparents did. I mean Im close to these people and the tide is strong to GO ALONG.
Its not easy Barry.
Get pulled over by LE they stick there face in your car to sniff. Ya just want to tell them to FO. Someone is training these monkeys that all and everything is a major threat.
So what usa people are doing is laying low and adjusting to a heavier hand , period, (cant get worse can it??? ), it’ll be be allright eventually – Ill muddle thru this period.
This is the reality.

Barry November 14, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Hi Mike can’t get worst??? it hasn’t even really started yet. Thrust me when I say this as I’ve lived it. Like in the movies YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH. That would be the perfect one liner for most. Shit they’re still sitting in A/C plugged into their fav. shows and eating bon bon’s. Mark my words it hasn’t even started yet.
Oh yea we’ve assembled a few pieces for you visit. A couple of Glocks and an S&W. I’ll see you at the pickup locked and loaded:) I still get a kick of the Daniel Boon’s who think a bit of silver and a couple of pieces are going to get them through unscathed. Not saying it will hurt but Experience has a lot of benefits. See you Soon. Like in the National Geo. recent release. DAMN THERE’S SO MANY OF THEM!!!!

mike November 14, 2013 at 8:35 pm

whats goin on at that Aman Resort ? Is it doing a makeover on the playa golf course?
Barry ; “Oh yea we’ve assembled a few pieces for you visit. A couple of Glocks and an S&W. I’ll see you at the pickup locked and loaded:) “” –quote ;.
Can I sip on an el Presidente brew as well and Im kinda fond of Glocks as well on the drive to Cabrera from the La Plata airport ?

You get pulled over in the US drinking and drivin and packin , theyll swat team your azz quicker than a heartbeat.
But hey ” the US is the freest and best country in the world AND DONT YOU SLAVES FORGET IT!!!!

Dave November 15, 2013 at 12:11 am

It CAN get worse. I saw on the local news a couple months ago that the police here are now allowed to test you for illegal substances if they suspect you are driving under the influence. I’m not talking about alcohol.

Two things: How are they going to “test” someone for drugs on the side of the road? They never mentioned it but my guess is a blood test….NEEDLES!

Also, if you just happened to take some of your wife’s prescription medication or if your prescription has run out and you’re still taking them, they can put you in jail. They specifically mentioned that.

I don’t agree with driving under the influence. But this is going overboard. Too many laws. Too many politicians. Too many lawyers. Too little freedom.

mike November 15, 2013 at 12:24 am

The beatings will continue until moral improves!

Dave November 20, 2013 at 7:44 pm
johnsteven November 14, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Scary and true,how many times did we hear Ron Paul say ´WE HAVE TO STOP POLICING THE WORLD´´.

Barry November 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I feel it will never stop without first collapsing. This is way past the point of no return and has been for over a DECADE! Anyone who feels this is a by product of 2008 has not done their research it’s way deeper down the rabbit hole than that.

Barry November 14, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I love Ron’s principals but am very happy he DID NOT win. He would have only become a victim of PUBLIC BLAME. The power required for real change would not have transpired with his victory to actually execute what he truly believes in. Therefore I feel should he have been elected his victory would have been converted into little more than becoming an uninformed nation’s public whipping post. Followed by the labeling as the cause of the nations plunge into the dark abyss. In my view this would have only served to strengthen the oppositions creditability in the long run.

It HAS TO COLLAPSES before it can mend. The mechanism is broken there’s no repairing the watch. As I’m responding to your comment consider it may be time for a new watch… this one’s no longer worth the cost of repair. I admire Ron Paul very much and he deserves better than being nothing more than the uninformed public’s whipping post. Always try to remember the number two rule in politics… “Not On My Watch” The number one rule has never changed and of course always will be the “FEE” rule. In politics FEE is an acronym that stands for (Fu*k – Everyone – Else) Doesn’t mean I’m correct in any way these are merely my thoughts nothing more.
As always Regards and Thanks.

Dave November 14, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I agree with you about Ron Paul. I think it may have slowed things down a bit if he was elected but that’s about it. Seeing how they treated him throughout the whole process convinced me that he is the real deal.

I used to think that if he won the election and actually started trying to change things that they would just do a JFK on him. I guess back then I still had some faith in the election process.

Hate to say it but no one gets elected here unless they’ve already been approved by the people who are really running the show. The only choice the people get is which bought and paid for puppet they like best. I think it’s been that way for a long time now.

Dave November 14, 2013 at 8:24 pm

One thing I see every day is the HUGE increase in the surveillance of everything. Even the military itself has been going through this. Back before 9/11 all you needed to drive onto a military installation was a current Dept of Defense sticker on your windshield and they just waved you through the gate. Now only a current DOD ID card will get you in. And they’ve recently started scanning these with handheld readers. Who knows what all they’re checking for.

A few other things that I’ve always thought were interesting: Military members are not allowed to bring a personal firearm on base even if they’re licensed to carry one. I always thought that was funny. They’re the ones who give you a weapon after you get on base. I think this really shines some light on things if you think about it.

The other night I was stopped on my way out the gate at the base I work at. They wanted to search my vehicle (there’s been a huge increase in this also). I’ve had my vehicle searched coming on base before but never leaving. I laughed out loud when they told me to step out and open my hood and doors so they could do a search. I said “Hey, if I had a bomb wouldn’t it be better if you just let me leave?” They didn’t think that was funny.

What I’ve come to believe is that terrorism is being used as an excuse to lock down this country gradually and in the open. The whole system that’s being set up was always meant to be used to control US. If they happen to thwart a “foreign” terrorist in the process all the better.

Barry November 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Thanks for the real deal. We appreciate. Did they make off with any of your cigars? I know those are close to your heart not to even mention your Brugal. Like in the movie Pirates of the Caribbean when he’s stranded on that little island. NO NOT THE RUM… ANYTHING BUT THE RUM!!!!!!!!!

Dave November 14, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Haha! No, no. Luckily that’s not contraband yet. But I find it best not to drive around with a bottle of rum in my truck. That seems to set off the false alarms with the police.

mike November 15, 2013 at 1:53 am

2 weeks ago I had a super small wood sliver in my finger, it was to small to pull out so I figured it would just fade away and ignored it. 10 days later it swelled up and became infected. I went to the local clinic and the doctor said you need the emergency room so off I went.
They numbed the whole area and and cut it open and cleaned it– did a great job very happy the pain is over. Recovery was 2 days they did such a good job , (3 days of throbbing pain any price for relief)

Bill was $1675.00 Didnt reach my $500 deductable so I pay $500 and insurance has the rest . ah whats money anymore when you throw it away anymore.

This is life in the good old apple pie, red white and blue and baseball USA.

Be a good American and take another one for the team.

Barry November 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I’m glad at least it’s better. Just a note to consider. Our friend has been having issues with his gallbladder and finally had to have it removed. 5 days in the hospital. The operation, privets room, family allowed to stay 24 hours in short everything for the procedure Total. Came out to 3600 pesos out of pocket. That comes to less than 90 US dollars!!! And he’s fine. Gives you an idea eh?

Another story one of the DR people that moved here a while ago had his shoulder locked up after moving wrong. He called Liane and me at 1:15 in the morning for help. I drove him to the hospital. There the have at least one English speaking Dr on 24/7. Took a X-ray gave him a coztizone shot provided some anti inflamitory pills. He’s better now. Zero out of pocket expense. These are super insurance plans but expensive. We both have the same coverage. My wife and I pay less than 800 per year For BOTH of us. How’s that sound.

T in Colorado November 15, 2013 at 4:38 am

I remember a few months ago reading in the paper of my little home town of 12,ooo people. Made the front page even. They had received there new armored vehicle. Nothing happens in this little town, why would they need an armored vehicle. Also in the town I live in now, you see what looks like a police car. In small letters it says DHS on it. Since when does DHS patrol our streets. Even in our neighbor hood there are now 4 cameras watching who comes and goes. We live in a quiet little neighborhood with 1 way in and out. If you are just paying attention, you can see things are out of control. The population on the other just keeps going about there daily lives and they will never know what hit them

mike November 15, 2013 at 4:53 am

Hi T in Colorado, wow– getting widespread.

I just watched again this video of ‘Barry in DR’ and Im out….

Barry November 15, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Thanks for the insite I’m starting to see that the opened eyes are in focus. The open minds are making plans and the more opened countries may just may be the preferred places to look at things from a far. One might want rink side seats at a prize fight but should consider last row bleachers for a revolution. Agree or not you tell me.

Bill in Pennsylvania November 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Talk about insight! To quote James Madison, “If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” Wow! He could have written that yesterday!

Barry November 15, 2013 at 3:04 pm

So true Thanks Bill for the comment

kathy stahl November 15, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Hi Barry,
Well, what I do know, is the following:
Cameras on every street corner, not only attached to stop lights, but attached to bridges, on the highways. Big Brother can see you where ever you go and are.
What I do know when you watch the news, those tazzers come out and people are tazzed for the most ridiculous reasons. It appears you are guilty, before, not innocent, then proven guilty. What happened to that philosophy?
What I know it is going to get alot worse, and it is coming. Now Obama wants to outlaw
popcorn????? Now, REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I dont’ know is how bad are police really being socially engineered to police society, and not the PEOPLE??
When I was a child , I remember the police always being there for people, today, I just stay out of their way. Today, it APPEARS, they are there for the government, and do what the government tells them to do.
Crime is so bad here, that it does not matter be it is day time or night. Home invasions,
raping of the elderly, drive by shootings, HECK, YOU DONT NEED TO TURN A MOVIE ON, JUST WATCH THE NEWS, IF YOU WANT BLOOD AND GUTS.
We have a gun next to the bed, years ago, NOT!!!! Years ago, I can remember the doors unlocked at night, windows left open for fresh air, doors left unlocked during the day. TODAY, NO WAY..
When I was in the Miami airport recently, there were armed police at every nook and cranny, with dog sniffers, and when I went thru customs, they even scanned my hands.
What the heck for?????? Like I was a criminal, even opened my suitcase, and threw my clothes out, like REALLY?? And did not fold them when put back in my suitcase!!
So, is freedom here, no, not anymore. THE EYES ARE ALWAYS ON YOU.
Keep writing and telling the truth, Some listen. Your writings are for not, they are an eye opener!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Stahl

Barry November 16, 2013 at 9:04 pm

So now that you’ve gained a bit of EXPERIENCE and can make an informed decision your comment says it all. Watch for my next post you’ll appreciate it. See the attached videos as many have recently contacted that they see things a lot more clearly. Thanks for the inspiration.