Best Selling Survival Author James Wesley Rawles On Expatriation

SurvivalBlog Interview

SurvivalBlog Interview

I had an opportunity to do a Skype interview with best selling survival author, James Wesley Rawles, about his views on expatriation.  We covered a wide variety of topics that should be of interest to you if you are at all concerned about what is going on with your dollar, your government and your freedoms.  Jim has had over 64 million visitors to  his blog at SurvivalBlog.com since 2005.

As you will learn in this three part interview, Jim believe that every family needs a solid backup plan which includes a plan for expatriation and access to a valid passport.   This is a must watch interview series if you are interested in the best plan for your family.

In Part One, Jim explains why he believe we are headed for a major collapse in the first world countries and why expatriation should be part of a viable backup plan.

In Part Two, Jim describes his most recent experience in England and discusses the probable clamp down of first world countries that may make it much more difficult and much more expensive for citizens to expatriate.

In Part Three, Jim explains why expatriation and a valid passport need to be essential components of any backup plan for any family interested in preserving their wealth and their freedom.

Until next time, this is Barry in DR.

mike April 27, 2014 at 1:20 am

dear Barry.

good interview with mr rawles.

I followed rawles work for 10 years. my observations;

expendable gringo ; 1st one to have his throat slit (unless your married to the mayors daughter) when the dollar collapse destroys all the economies in the world.

Rawles thinks expatriation is a mistake , Im surprised he didn’t bring it up? (safest place for americans is in the USA according to rawles.

Barry you should have told Rawles that every outback hideout survivalist prepper will eventually be destroyed by the thousands of zombies that will invade there OPSEC.

In other words ; rawles and his followers are setting up a camp inside one big prison.

One more thing Barry; ever read a survivalist forum? Its all panic and the SHTF tomorrow.

Rawles has said in the past of a teotwaki , emp, endof world event is very slim .

I don’t care for the guy anymore to tell you the truth.

Barry April 27, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Actually he mentions clearly that everyone needs a plan A plan B and plan C. Expatriation was his plan B. the expendable gringo thing is and always has been sort of a made up concept. On a deeper level of thought for me it says the following. When I hear that being mentioned I reverse it and say ” so what you’re telling me is that Americans don’t harm Americans or Europeans don’t harm Europeans ” very soon after that if they have half a brain at all realize how stupid it sounds. What’s really going on there is the “gringos” who’ve bundled themselves together in those gated communities have kind of taken on an appearance of sardines in a can and we all can understand how easy it is to pick them off with just a simple fork. Much harder to do when the can is closed though. For me that can represents our long time local families. The oil in the can is shared by all. Last counterpoint is these fools who think that their weapons are the answer… Well consider this point. With out a doubt America is a heavily armed nation. Now if about two percent is prepped that means 98% is not. If 75% of that 95% is armed with the same semi or fully automatic weapons and because of NOT being prepared has to bundle forces with mid to large groups to go out and take what they need to survive where does that leave you or your small group? Sure you might get more of them then they get of you but does that mindset really matter when they get you or even worse you spouse and kids… People really need to think deeper when it comes to such topics. The issue is that they no longer have the time to do so. The time for thinking about such things was half a decade ago. Thanks mike hope one day we meet.

Dave April 27, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said Barry. That’s why I like plan B. If things get bad enough that there’s not enough food for everyone I really do believe the US will be worse off. WAY too much dependency. It will get ugly.

I hate thinking that way but I can’t help it. There are good people here. Millions. But there is an underlying selfishness that is there every day. It’s almost part of the culture now. “I’m gonna get mine!” Too many people think that way. Materialism has taken over. Add to that millions of guns and a breakdown of society and that makes “Plan A” look like a nightmare that I don’t want to experience.

I don’t know how much of the world James has seen. I think he needs to take a trip to Cabrera.

Barry April 27, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Actually off interview we spoke about that. It’s a question that I always ask as it determines the amount of experience one has. While James is very knowledgable on so many survivalist subjects has never visited the areas of South America the Caribbean or South Pacific. This is why I added some additional thoughts in the first part of the interview. Just thought it would shed a bit of light from over three decades of personal experience. This in no way is me saying right or wrong about anything as you’re right people need to experience it for themselves. Just like the people visiting us now are.

Dave April 27, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Hi Mike. I have a feeling when you do make it to Cabrera it will only reinforce your desire to choose plan B.

Here’s something I’ve noticed. The bug-out plan has always been part of the survivalist/preppers toolbox. They all have one. And of course they need to prepare a place to bug-out to before hand. Some have even gone so far as to move themselves and their families to the new location now while things are quiet. Why is it that a bug-out plan that includes moving to another country is so frowned upon? People want to stay with the familiar. Could it just be fear of the unknown? Just a thought.

Dave April 27, 2014 at 5:13 am

I used to read James’ books. I used to be a survivalist. I don’t view myself that way anymore. I still have the food, the water filter, the guns, etc… but if there is a way to avoid the worst of it why not take it? The easiest way to survive is to not get stuck in the middle of it.

When things get really bad I don’t trust the western governments to allow their citizens freedom of movement of themselves or their capital. Anyone who has a decent grasp of history should feel the same. I agree that the doors are closing and time is short.

I will always want to be prepared but I guess I’m not really like James. If I can escape the chaos that’s the option I want to take.

Barry April 27, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Choices it’s all about choices. That’s the reasoning behind why I’ve always said there isn’t a one size fits all when it comes to so many things. This is just an excellent example of just one of them.

john April 28, 2014 at 4:40 pm

This interview really opens up and gives those an idea of there options.
As an expat living here i know i made the right choice and listening to these interviews confirmed eveything for me, i hope that many will take the right steps to secure a place which will have the best options for survival.Regards john

Barry April 28, 2014 at 9:56 pm

I know you did too but it’s all about choices… Only choices. Sounds link you’re content with yours. Estoy feliz por ti

Dave June 8, 2014 at 3:02 am

Looks like Mike Adams might want to also consider plan B. Is plan B even possible after plan A fails?