Expats Investing In Rental Properties In Cabrera Dominican Republic

Cabrera Construction Techniques

Cabrera Construction Techniques

Many expats need or want a way to supplement their monthly income.  One popular way to do that is to own rental homes or perhaps a small bed and breakfast.  In this video interview we tour several small construction projects where expats have either built new or rehabbed in-town properties for rentals and part time vacation properties.

With new construction costs coming in around $68 per square foot for concrete, low maintenance homes, rental is still a viable option to supplement monthly income.  There is a demand for quality smaller properties and the return on investment can be attractive.  In this little video we will tour a few simple completed homes and visit an active duplex construction project.

Each of these homes were built by Acosta Construction, a local contractor with extensive connections in the community and high construction standards.  Acosta has built everything from these smaller rental homes to some of the larger mini-mansions in the area.

Watch closely as we visit the new duplex construction project in the town of Cabrera.  Acosta completely rehabbed an existing shell of a home and ended up with a very attractive two story reminiscent of New Orleans or the Florida Keys.

Come down and take a look at some of the rental home investment opportunities.

For now, it’s Barry in DR.

Kirk December 9, 2014 at 1:20 am

Hello Barry. I sent you a email yesterday on this subject. This is exactly what my wife and I have been planning to do for many years now. Could you maybe send me a email so we could talk more? Thank you – Kirk

Barry December 9, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Check your email.

tamas janda December 13, 2014 at 3:25 pm

peter meyers (my nephew) & I have been trying to contact you. this is the type of project we are looking for. pete will be in cabrera over the x-mas break. I’ll be there in the late spring for a couple of months looking for something to buy or land to build on. please contact him. thank you.

Barry December 14, 2014 at 2:00 am

yes I know been really busy with the folks and holiday parties starting. have Peter try again during evenings leave message and a night allong with a time and I’ll do my best.

Andre January 5, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Hi Barry,

I would love to see the video. Is it available? My wife and I are looking into options for a nice updated or new rental/vacation home. Oh yeah, I write this while its 5 degrees here!!

Thanks

Andre/Marcy Frank

Barry January 6, 2015 at 3:39 am

Andre, awhile ago we had issues with YouTube and several videos were effected. That was one of them. If I could i would be happy to.

Richard english April 22, 2015 at 1:57 pm

I would love to see the video. Is it available? This is just the thing that my wife and I are looking into How do I get to see your video.
We are in DR right now in Boca Chica

Barry April 22, 2015 at 9:09 pm

Sorry but we had to pull about 6 videos some time ago. They got hacked.