Road Trip From Cabrera To Las Terrenas – Part Three

Roadtrip from Cabrera to Las Terrenas Heading Back

Roadtrip from Cabrera to Las Terrenas Heading Back

We drive around one of the Las Terrenas beaches for a few minutes and then head back out of town on the winding mountain backroads up through the mountains. Unfortunately it started raining on us on the way back so I will not be able to show you many of the breathtaking views you would see on a bright sunny day. But even on these winding mountain roads, you will see that the roads are in great shape and the traffic is totally managable. You should have absolutely no fear driving up on the north coast. We do it every day and trust me, you can handle it.

While we didn’t get to see all the great views on the trip back, we did touch on many different topics of interest to anyone that might want to visit or live on the north coast of the Dominican Republic. If you prefer not to “ride” on winding mountainous roads, I still encourage you to listen to this video. We touch on a lot of things that might be of interest.

Part Three

I hope you enjoyed our little roadtrip over from Cabrera to Las Terrenas.  I wish it would have been a bright sunny day because there would have been much more to see, but I do hope you have gained an appreciation for just how safe it can be on the roads up on the north coast of the Dominican Republic.  If you have not toured or visited the north coast then I encourage it.  In fact, one of the best ways to see the north coast and discover whether you might like to live or own property on this island is to participate in one of our free Discovery Tours of the north coast.  What better way to see the out of the way spots than to have a veteran expat guide you all the way.

For now, it’s Barry in DR.

juan j. m. June 24, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Barry, as always your posts are very informative and reassuring. Your observations and insight are priceless. Your eloquence and truthfullnes in displaying the beauty and diversity of this incredible land is only matched by the kindness and generous spirit of the dominican people. It is truely a blessed and priviliged (large) slice of paradise. Good luck and Godspeed in all that you are doing in trying to help those of us that still find themselves inside the box.
For now,this is Juan J. in Apopka, fl. Soon to be in DR?

juan J. M. June 24, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Great post Barry. Truely a magnificent island. Vast and very diverse. Thank you Barry for everything that you are doing to help those of us that are still inside the box. It was a pleasure meeting you and to be able to sit down with you and share breakfast. Look forward to being able to do that again with you and all of the DRescapes family.
For now this is Juan J. In Apopka, fl.

juan J. M. June 24, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Excellent post Barry. As always on the money. Truely a blessed and highly priviliged land. The vastness and diversity of this magnificent land are unequaled anywhere in the caribean, and its natural beaty has very few competitors anywhere on this planet. Truely incredible and quite often breathtaing natural landscape. It most certainly was a pleasure to meet you and break bread with you at “Choripan’s.”
Whishing you continued success in all that you are doing to help those of us that are still inside box. Sincerely, Juan J. M. in Apopka, fl. Not DR.

Barry June 26, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Yea it was great. Enjoyed meeting you and hope you take in what we spoke about. Tried reaching you but no luck on any of the numbers you left.

Rod June 26, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Wow! Great tour…..these roads remind me a lot of those we have in the mountains of North Carolina. : – )

Barry June 26, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Thanks they are beautiful.

Dave June 27, 2014 at 6:10 am

Great videos Barry. When I watch them I’m transported back there and I have to snap myself out of it afterward. I find myself thinking about all the reasons why I can’t wait to be there and forgetting about all the reasons why I want to leave the US. It’s a good thing… highlighting the positive instead of focusing on the negative.

It won’t be long now mi amigo. I can’t wait to meet all the new folks.

Barry June 27, 2014 at 7:24 pm

Us to we’re here for you if you want us

terry belton July 19, 2014 at 5:03 pm

we would like to visit. what airport do we fly into? how much do you charge for your tour? how much to rent a car? how much is gas? Is there any way we can can look at real estate to buy before we get there? Any deals at the hotel if we stay a month? wehave so many questions. what about a cell phone over there?
Is it safe to leave your home when you come back to the states? Could you rent your place? What about hurricanes? do you need property insurance?

Barry July 19, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Terry fill out the form on the DR site and I’ll respond with setting up a phone call or Skype.
Thanks